Is Delta-8 THC Legal in Missouri?
Yes, Delta-8 is LEGAL in Missouri
This information is intended for general use only and not to replace legal advice. We encourage you to read our legal disclaimer and consult with an attorney for the most current information in your state. By using this site, you agree to our terms and conditions.
What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 THC is a type of cannabinoid found in cannabis plants that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, making it an alternative for people who are allergic or sensitive towards traditional painkillers. But before you try this chemical substance with no understanding what the side effects may be like, make sure you know exactly what delta-8 THC really means and how it might affect your health!
What is the Difference Between CBD and Delta-8 THC?
You may want to know the difference between delta-8, delta-9, and CBD. Delta-8 isn't as potent or intoxicating like delta-9 THC found in marijuana but it still has an effect on your body when consumed. On the contrary though is CBD which doesn’t have any type of high feeling associated at all due to being non-psychoactive.
How is Delta-8 THC Related to Cannabis and Hemp?
There are many different types of cannabis, but the main difference is in concentration. The three species that comprise it-Cannabis sativa Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis each have their own unique varieties with varying potencies depending on how much THC or CBD they contain.
The Farm Bill has officially legalized hemp-derived products containing small amounts of THC. As such, there was a legal loophole created when it comes to delta-8 THC. This means that these new drugs are now available in most states, even if marijuana is still illegal; however many states have begun creating frameworks and regulations for the legality of this specific type of drug.
Why are Some States Banning Delta-8 THC?
The answer is a bit complicated, but it boils down to the psychoactive compounds of cannabis being illegal in others and competition for fledgling marijuana businesses. Until there's an official regulatory framework governing these products altogether, many other states will continue their ban on it as well.
The Farm Bill has officially legalized hemp-derived products containing small amounts of THC. As such, there was a legal loophole created when it comes to delta-8 THC. This means that delta-8 THC products are now available to consumers in most states, even if marijuana is still illegal. However, many states are beginning to create a legislative and regulatory framework to address the legality of delta-8 specifically.
As of 5/2021, delta-8 THC is LEGAL in Missouri under TITLE 2 DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. DIVISION 70 - PLANT INDUSTRIES CHAPTER. 17 - INDUSTRIAL HEMP.
The law reads as follows:
2 CSR 70-17.010 Definitions.
(7) Delta-9 THC—delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.
(13) Hemp extract—an extract from a cannabis sativa L. plant or a mixture or preparation containing cannabis sativa L. plant material that is composed of no more than three-tenths of one percent (0.3%) delta-9 THC on a dry weight basis.
(15) Industrial Hemp—as defined in section 195.010 (24), RSMo.
(20) Publicly marketable hemp product—any industrial hemp product that does not include any living hemp plants, viable seeds, viable roots, viable leaf materials, or viable floral materials, and contains no material with a delta-9 THC concentration exceeding three-tenths of one percent (0.3%) on a dry weight basis.
With additional information address in TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE. CHAPTER 195
(24) “Industrial hemp”:
(a) All nonseed parts and varieties of the Cannabis sativa L. plant, growing or not, that contain an average delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration that does not exceed three-tenths of one percent on a dry weight basis or the maximum concentration allowed under federal law, whichever is greater;
(b) Any Cannabis sativa L. seed that is part of a growing crop, retained by a grower for future planting, or used for processing into or use as agricultural hemp seed;
(c) Industrial hemp includes industrial hemp commodities and products and topical or ingestible animal and consumer products derived from industrial hemp with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than three-tenths of one percent on a dry weight basis;
(28) “Marijuana”, all parts of the plant genus Cannabis in any species or form thereof, including, but not limited to Cannabis Sativa L., except industrial hemp, Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Americana, Cannabis Ruderalis, and Cannabis Gigantea, whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination;
With additional information addressed in 195.017. SCHEDULE 1
(ee) Tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genus Cannabis (cannabis plant), except industrial hemp, as well as synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the cannabis plant, or in the resinous extractives of such plant, or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity to those substances contained in the plant, such as the following:
a. 1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
b. 6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
c. 3,4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
Buy Delta-8 THC Online
We want to make sure that you have access to the best products on the market. This is why we offer an incredible assortment of delta-8 and CBD products, so there's something for everyone! It is the primary goal of the team at evan37 to simplify your life by helping you find what you need in one place.