Is Delta-8 THC Legal in Kansas?
Yes, Delta-8 is LEGAL in Kansas
This information is intended for general use only and not to replace legal advice. We encourage you to read our legal disclaimer and consult with an attorney for the most current information in your state. By using this site, you agree to our terms and conditions.
What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 THC is a type of cannabinoid found in cannabis plants that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, making it an alternative for people who are allergic or sensitive towards traditional painkillers. But before you try this chemical substance with no understanding what the side effects may be like, make sure you know exactly what delta-8 THC really means and how it might affect your health!
What is the Difference Between CBD and Delta-8 THC?
You may want to know the difference between delta-8, delta-9, and CBD. Delta-8 isn't as potent or intoxicating like delta-9 THC found in marijuana but it still has an effect on your body when consumed. On the contrary though is CBD which doesn’t have any type of high feeling associated at all due to being non-psychoactive.
How is Delta-8 THC Related to Cannabis and Hemp?
There are many different types of cannabis, but the main difference is in concentration. The three species that comprise it-Cannabis sativa Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis each have their own unique varieties with varying potencies depending on how much THC or CBD they contain.
The Farm Bill has officially legalized hemp-derived products containing small amounts of THC. As such, there was a legal loophole created when it comes to delta-8 THC. This means that these new drugs are now available in most states, even if marijuana is still illegal; however many states have begun creating frameworks and regulations for the legality of this specific type of drug.
Why are Some States Banning Delta-8 THC?
The answer is a bit complicated, but it boils down to the psychoactive compounds of cannabis being illegal in others and competition for fledgling marijuana businesses. Until there's an official regulatory framework governing these products altogether, many other states will continue their ban on it as well.
The Farm Bill has officially legalized hemp-derived products containing small amounts of THC. As such, there was a legal loophole created when it comes to delta-8 THC. This means that delta-8 THC products are now available to consumers in most states, even if marijuana is still illegal. However, many states are beginning to create a legislative and regulatory framework to address the legality of delta-8 specifically.
As of 5/2021, delta-8 THC is LEGAL in Kansas under Senate Bill No. 263.
The law reads as follows:
New Section 1.
(2) ‘‘Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration’’ means the combined percentage of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol and its optical isomers, their salts and acids, and salts of their acids, reported as free THC on a dry weight basis, of any part of the plant cannabis sativa L.
(4) ‘‘Hemp products’’ means all products made from industrial hemp, but not limited to, cloth, cordage, fiber, food, fuel, paint, paper, particleboard, plastics, seed, seed meal and seed oil for consumption and certified seed for cultivation, if the seeds originate from industrial hemp varieties.
(5) ‘‘Industrial hemp’’ means all parts and varieties of the plant cannabis sativa L., cultivated or possessed by a state educational institution or the department, whether growing or not, that contain a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of no more than 0.3% on a dry weight basis.
Sec. 4. K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 21-5701 is hereby amended to read as follows: 21-5701.
(j) ‘‘Marijuana’’ means all parts of all varieties of the plant Cannabis whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. ‘‘Marijuana’’ does not include:
(1) The mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil or cake or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination; or
(2) any substance listed in schedules II through V of the uniform controlled substances act; or
(3) industrial hemp as defined in section 1, and amendments thereto, when cultivated, possessed
Sec. 7. K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 65-4105 is hereby amended to read as follows: 65-4105.
(h) Any of the following cannabinoids, their salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(1) Tetrahydrocannabinols……………………………………………………… 7370
Meaning tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genus Cannabis (cannabis plant), as well as synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the plant, or in the resinous extractives of Cannabis, sp. and/or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity such as the following: Delta 1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers Delta 6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers Delta 3,4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers (Since nomenclature of these substances is not internationally standardized, compounds of these structures, regardless of numerical designation of atomic positions covered.), except tetrahydrocannabinols obtained from industrial hemp as defined in section 1, and amendments thereto, when cultivated, possessed or used for activities authorized by the alternative crop research act.
Buy Delta-8 THC Online
We want to make sure that you have access to the best products on the market. This is why we offer an incredible assortment of delta-8 and CBD products, so there's something for everyone! It is the primary goal of the team at evan37 to simplify your life by helping you find what you need in one place.