Is Delta-8 THC Legal in Arkansas?
No, Delta-8 is ILLEGAL in Arkansas
This information is intended for general use only and not to replace legal advice. We encourage you to read our legal disclaimer and consult with an attorney for the most current information in your state. By using this site, you agree to our terms and conditions.
What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 THC is a type of cannabinoid found in cannabis plants that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, making it an alternative for people who are allergic or sensitive towards traditional painkillers. But before you try this chemical substance with no understanding what the side effects may be like, make sure you know exactly what delta-8 THC really means and how it might affect your health!
What is the Difference Between CBD and Delta-8 THC?
You may want to know the difference between delta-8, delta-9, and CBD. Delta-8 isn't as potent or intoxicating like delta-9 THC found in marijuana but it still has an effect on your body when consumed. On the contrary though is CBD which doesn’t have any type of high feeling associated at all due to being non-psychoactive.
How is Delta-8 THC Related to Cannabis and Hemp?
There are many different types of cannabis, but the main difference is in concentration. The three species that comprise it-Cannabis sativa Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis each have their own unique varieties with varying potencies depending on how much THC or CBD they contain.
The Farm Bill has officially legalized hemp-derived products containing small amounts of THC. As such, there was a legal loophole created when it comes to delta-8 THC. This means that these new drugs are now available in most states, even if marijuana is still illegal; however many states have begun creating frameworks and regulations for the legality of this specific type of drug.
Why Did Arkansas Ban Delta-8 THC?
There are many reasons states are beginning to ban the production and sale of delta-8. For some states, it is because the psychoactive compounds of cannabis are still illegal. For others, such as states where recreational marijuana is legal, it is because it creates detrimental competition to the fledgling cannabis businesses. Still, for others it is because there is no current regulatory framework in place to specifically address delta-8 products.
As of 5/2021, delta-8 THC is ILLEGAL in Arkansas under the Arkansas Industrial Hemp Act 2-15-401.
The law reads as follows:
SECTION 1. DEFINITIONS
(5) “Cannabis” means all parts of the cannabis plant, whether growing or not, including its seeds, resin, compounds, salts, derivatives, and extracts. Cannabis does not include publicly marketable hemp products, as defined in this regulation.
(6) “CBD” means cannabidiol.
(9) “Delta-9-THC” means delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol concentration (the primary intoxicating component of cannabis).
(13) “Industrial hemp” means all parts and varieties of the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant cultivated or possessed by a licensed grower, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis. (Adopted by federal law in the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S. C. & 801 et seq. “Industrial hemp” has the same meaning as in 7 U.S.C. sec. 5940 as it currently exists or as it may be subsequently amended;
7 U.S. Code § 5940.Legitimacy of industrial hemp research
(2) Industrial hemp
The term “industrial hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.
(23) “Phytocannabinoids” are cannabinoids that occur naturally in the cannabis plant. The classical cannabinoids are formed through decarboxylation of their respective 2-carboxylic acids (2-COOH), a process which is catalyzed by heat, light or alkaline conditions.
With additional information added in Arkansas HB1415 Act 329 amending Arkansas Code § 5-64-215:
HOUSE BILL 1415. ACT 329. ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH - LIST OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
SECTION 1. Arkansas Code § 5-64-215 is amended to read as follows: 23 5-64-215. Substances in Schedule VI.
(a) In addition to any substance placed in Schedule VI by the Director of the Department of Health under § 5-64-214, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, whether produced directly or indirectly from a substance of vegetable origin or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, that contains any quantity of the following substances, or that contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers when the existence of the salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation, is included in Schedule VI:
(3) A synthetic equivalent of:
(A) The substance contained in the Cannabis plant; or
(B) The substance contained in the resinous extractives of the genus Cannabis;
(5) Synthetic substances, derivatives, or their isomers in the chemical structural classes described below in subdivisions (a)(5)(A)-(J) of this section and also specific unclassified substances in subdivision (a)(5)(K) of this section. Compounds of the structures described in this subdivision (a)(5), regardless of numerical designation of atomic positions, are included in this subdivision (a)(5). The synthetic substances, derivatives, or their isomers included in this subdivision (a)(5) are:
(A)(i) Tetrahydrocannabinols, including without limitation the following:
(a) Delta-1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers;
(b) Delta-6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers; and
(c) Delta-3.4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers.
Buy Legal CBD Products Online
When you buy legal CBD products online like hemp oil, wellness tinctures, or vape pens from evan37, you’ll be able to experience all of your favorite benefits without any psychoactive effects. We offer great deals on an exquisite line of CBD products. We guarantee your products will be shipped to you in secure and discreet packaging.