CBD Recipes You Can Try
With the meteoric rise of CBD as a substance that can be beneficial to one’s health, more and more different types of CBD products have been coming out of the woodwork. From lotions and cocktails to vape cartridges, oils, and tinctures, there are many different ways to take CBD in order to relieve pain, decrease anxiety, and alleviate depression.
But there’s one delivery method that’s perhaps the simplest to understand—just eating it. CBD edibles are an increasingly popular form of CBD for many reasons. Not only can it be made tasty, but it also releases the CBD more slowly compared to other methods, thus making it fitting for some people and their particular lifestyles.
It may seem intimidating at first, but learning how to cook with CBD is simple enough as long as you have recipes to follow. Here are a few CBD recipes you can try right now.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of the classic ways to consume any form of cannabis is by baking cookies. You can turn regular chocolate chip cookies into something that doesn’t just please your palate, but also soothe your body. You may even find that the CBD oil enhances the flavor of the chocolate chips, which is a nice surprise.
- CBD oil
- 80g granulated sugar
- 80g brown sugar
- 150g salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 200g chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 370°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, CBD oil, and vanilla extract. Continue beating.
- Sift flour and baking soda into the bowl, then add a pinch of salt.
- After some stirring, add chocolate chips, then mix.
- Scoop cookie dough out and place dollops on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Take out cookies when they’re brown on the edges.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Serve once they’re cool.
Few things are more satisfying than some freshly cooked pasta. You can now add CBD oil into your pasta and turn it into an even healthier meal. Whether it’s just a quick meal or a family occasion, you can add a few drops of CBD oil into your pasta to make it so much better.
- Ground red chili flakes
- 2 medium cubed tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cut fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- ¼ parmesan cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 350g cooked whole-grain penne
- 6tsp CBD oil
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan at medium heat.
- Add a pinch of red chili flakes and garlic cloves, and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms, then cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to shrink.
- Mix in spinach, then add salt and pepper to season, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the spinach has wilted, stir in the marinara sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Mix Greek yogurt and CBD oil in a bowl.
- Add the CBD yogurt into the sauce.
- Add pasta into the CBD sauce and mix well.
- Serve the pasta with some grated Parmesan cheese.
CBD Mango & Banana Smoothie
Whether it’s after a workout or during a hot afternoon, an ice-cold tropical smoothie can perk you up. Have it perk you up even more by adding CBD into it. Anyone can make a nice creamy beverage full of goodness. All you need is some ingredients, a blender, and three minutes.
- 1 banana
- 2 cups mango
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- CBD oil
- Optional: Freeze fruits first.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Serve in an appropriate vessel. Preferably chilled either with ice or frozen fruits.
Start your morning right with a good cup of coffee infused with CBD. This CBD latte recipe will surely change how you greet the day from now on, providing you with your daily dose of both caffeine and CBD in one great-tasting drink.
- 1-2 scoops coffee grounds
- 2 tsp sweetener or sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp CBD oil
- 1 cup of milk
- Whisk together milk, CBD oil, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Keep whisking to ensure full mixture.
- Once warm, pour it into a mug with coffee grounds.
- You may serve it warm. If you want it with a cold brew, add ice to chill.
Nothing hits the spot while watching the game with a bowl of nachos and some dip. You can have your guacamole dip infused with CBD to make your guilty pleasure a lot less guilty. Avocado itself is full of fats, which means it will blend quite well with the CBD oil. This also makes it vegan-friendly, so you can snack away happily.
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mL CBD oil
- Peel, seed, and slice the avocados into cubes.
- Place the avocados in a bowl and mash them.
- Mix in salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice to the mashed avocado.
- Drop in the CBD oil into the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
Cooking food with CBD is a fun and delicious way to incorporate CBD into your health regimen. Not only can you make it taste good, but you are also more encouraged to take CBD regularly. Once you know how to incorporate CBD into different ingredients, the possibilities are endless.
If you need CBD to be absorbed and released in your body at a slower pace compared to other delivery methods like vaping or sublingual administration, then making your CBD edibles is the way to go. You can lead a healthier and pain-free life by bringing CBD cooking into your life.